Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evenin'
I have been looking for a good used mod.38 for a long time but most of those I saw for sale were pretty well beat up. Well a couple of weeks ago, I stopped in at a local gun shop after work just to talk to the owner and he had an airweight in the case that looked new. A closer look showed that it might even be unfired.... bore was still blued, no wear at all on the star and not a mark on it anywhere. It wouldn't let me go home without it. :lol: I would appreciate it if someone could tell me the app. year of manufacture. ser.# is 5133xx.
Thanks,

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mikey,
Thanks for the ser.# info. Mine had the old style S&W wood grips. The Uncle Mikes work well for my hands and I bought a pair. I have been using Speigel grips on my j-frames since before Uncle Mike started making them. In my non-plus P rated pocket guns, I carry the Federal P38M load and will do so with this one. When I feel like beating up on my thumb, I get out the 642 and the Cor-Bon. :eek: I also had a trigger job done but left the factory springs in. Had the grooves removed from the trigger and rounded the corners and slimmed it down some.... takes the bite and pinch out of it. I really like the weight as compared to my mod. 36, 60 and 642. Makes a real easy packin' back up!

Thanks again for the help,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.