Graybeard Outdoors banner

S&W model sw1911sc series E 45 ACP.

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Swordfish 
#1 ·
I stumbled onto a deal on Smith 1911, but the factory night sights are not putting out light anymore. Do any of you on this group happen to know exactly what to request as a replacement night sight for this model. I can find all number of night sights for M&P models, but have not found a single sight that says it will fit the Series E Smith 1911.

This is for my son, he is legally blind but has sight in one eye and shoots a handgun pretty well and since he can't work and/or drive he is pretty much stuck at home most of the time. When he does get the chance to shoot the night sight is a great advantage to his seeing ability. He is right handed and was right eye dominant until some friends of his stomped him and stole his money. He has be diabetic since he was 5 years old and when the friends beat him the retinas in both eyes came loose but after about 12 surgeries on both eyes the doctor was able to salvage the left eye, but the pupil does not work so his vision is like looking through a soda straw out of that eye.

If you have any information on these sights please let me know. I might have found something on Brownell's sight, will call them tomorrow and check it out.
Thanks for any help you can provide and God bless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.