Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever had a brand of sabot that would go down the barrel Hard? I had a problem with a box of Remington sabots almost needed a hammer! (Just kidding) But they were real work getting them down the barrel! Anyone Else have a brand that you wrestle down the barrel? That I should stay away from? You might think that I need to clean my muzzle loader! But I feel I'm more religious then most when it comes to cleaning my smoke pole! I think some muzzle loaders have just tighter barrels than others ? My muzzle loader is a CVA 50 cal mag bolt 150! Thanks Dale

·
Registered
465 Posts
I had problems with the crushed sabots. But the Black Hornady work well for me. I think that every ML barrel is different, and unfortunately, everyone has to find the load that works in their gun. I have two identical OE's that don't shoot the same load. God luck on finding your load.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Now, my Optima is just the opposite. I believe the sabot that comes with Hornady is a MMP sabot and is tighter than heck. I use the harvester crushed ribbed and not as tight and still has good compression.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I used some of MY cast bullets in my guns and they were hard to seat. The extra .003 diameter made a lot of difference. Also a cva rifle belonging to a friend would get HARD to load after 3 or 4 shots with out a patch out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts