Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom went to be with the Lord this morning at 3:00. She was 89 and was suffering the effects of a bad heart, diabetes and osteoporosis. She suffered with constant pain and her quality of life had diminished considerably in the past couple of years. At least I can console myself with the knowledge that her suffering is over and that she is in a better place. But still she will be missed. :'(

Dad passed away almost exactly seven years ago so I guess I am officially an orphan.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Brett very sorry to hear that about your Mom.You had her a long time.Doesn't make it easier,but now her and your Dad can be reunited.Prayers to you and yours from me and mine.I know the orphan feeling.Lost my Dad twenty years ago and Mom just three.Dave

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
My condolences to you. I'm really sorry to hear about your mothers' passing, if it's any help, please remember she is no longer suffering. Prayers for you and your family.

·
Registered
42,140 Posts
BRETT. I'm truly sorry for your loss. My Dad has been gone 33 years and I think of him daily. Mom is the last of her generation. POWDERMAN. :( :(

·
Registered
6,260 Posts
I am also very sorry for your loss. I lost my mom 1 year ago on October 14 and my dad almost 14 years ago so yes I am also an orphan now. It will take some time but time heals all wounds. I still think of my parents often and miss them dearly as I am sure you will and do. Take care Dale

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Sorry Brett, lost my mom in 83.....dad in 93....still miss them, but I guess I've gotten used to not having them anymore.

Times a great healer.....doesn't make things any easier, but the end is always the same for all.

I'm sure god's glad to have her back home as he loves her too...

Your loss, his gain......I figure my mom might meet me at the gate...

·
Premium Member
4,820 Posts
Brett,

Sorry for your lose.
Like the others I've lost my parents and know how sad it is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry for your loss, I lost my Mother 40 years ago and I still miss her and my Dad 18 years ago but you never foreget the good times and you mother is in a better place with the man upstairs, baitcaster

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Just saw your post and like everyone, my prayers go out to you and any family members.
Lost my mom almost 20 years ago but my dad is still with us.
Will really be hard when ever he goes.
You will never forget them and they will always be watching over you.

LONGTOM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.