Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found one that looks fairly new but I need some help in determinig that. Serial number is F09650x. It is a 22-250, wood stock, monte carlo style butt similiar to a Weatherby, internal box mag, blued barrel. It is being offered for $300. Looks to be about 90%. Is this a good deal on this gun.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Not a great deal but not bad either. Around here $300 is the going rate for a used Savage bolt gun (sans Accutrigger) at the local gun emporiums and is what I paid for mine. Mine is avery good shooter and I have no regrets. You did not note what the use was going to be but if the budget is not a big problem, look at the heavy barrel model. I have a 12FV w/ Accutrigger that I really enjoy shooting and with handloads routinely cloverleafs the groups.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I love wood stocked rifles, but the Stevens 200 is $279 new here and has gotten good reviews so far. I figure I could buy one and replace with a nice wood stock when the money is available.

pepaw

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went back and looked at the gun again and it apparently is one of the package guns that has had the scope removed, bases are still on it. I know what the 10GXP runs now but I wonder what this long actioned version is worth now as it is? It definitely says 110 on the barrel.
The new ones are running $449 at Wally World.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
I got a pre accutrigger package gun at a wally world clearance last year for $250, scope and all. Cal. .270

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you go to this website: www.SavageShooters.com you can enter the serial number and find out when the rifle was made. It sounds like it's been around for a few years. I'd definitely check the barrel to see if its shot out. I've had Savage 110s in .22-250 and .243Win. as well. They were indeed accurate rifles, but not great on barrel life. Just one mans opinion. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
jro45 said:
I have a Savage that I had to replace the barrel after 600 rounds. That was the last Savage I'll buy.
:D
I bought one in .243 when JFK was the President-Elect, cause it was the only southpaw rifle available. It started sprayin' the lighter bullets around '75 so I had it rebored to .263 Express, the first form of the .260 Rem. It's still in my safe, and loves the Hornady 129 grain Inter Locked bullets I'd probably wear it out again, but I've taken up smokepoles as more fittin' for a slow old man. :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts