Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a 99 E that was recently given to him by his father. The serial number is 1145xxx and it has diamond shapes in the checkering. It is in really good shape, probably 95% condition. I am hoping you guys can supply some information on this particular rifle. I have read where these Savages are really good shooters so I might be interested in one myself as I like both Savage rifles and lever actions. Please help. I reload so I might be reloading for this rifle in the near future. Please help.

bjm

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had one until recently. It was very accurate out to 300 yards and carried extremely well, better than any rifle I ever owned, even nicer than a Winchester 94. It also takes a scope very well.

I traded it is because I like to shoot from a bench and the lever gets in the way. I traded it for my Stevens 200 which I completely pimped :)

The gun shop still has it and I think it's priced around $350-$400. It's worn under the receiver from carrying but in very nice shape and includes the scope bases. If you're interested, pm me and I will forward the dealers contact info.

I can tell you that my new Stevens 200 carries like a piece of 4x4 lumber compared to the 99.

I'm a one hunting rifle kind of guy, mostly because I don't have a lot of cash to spend on guns, otherwise I wouldn't have traded it.

Smitty

·
Registered
879 Posts
bigjeep,

savageshooters.com has a forum and you can get all the info you ever needed on that gun there. A post under their collectibles section will get you results.

I have a 99C series A in 308 that shoots really well.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys ... I appreciate your responses.

ncs...
I will go to savageshooters.com as suggested. I have been there before but it has been a while.

smitty ...
I appreciate your first hand experience info and you have said what a few others have told me. I will be shooting his rifle this weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts