Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a savage model 114 or 14,if so what do you think about them and how do the new savages stack up to other guns l,like rem. ,win.,ruger,browning ,howa?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Check out any of the threads on Savage rifles. A Savage Model 114 vs. 110 vs. 111 only differs with the stock and maybe presence or lack thereof for a Accutrigger (older models don't have this) since the action/barrel are the same. Some people love, others hate the Savage line for a variety of reasons but all seem to agree that the things are accurate OTB. I have Rems and Savages and can't knock either but my Savages are increasingly the rigs I find myself reaching for.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I have the 116FSS in 30-06 and I love it. The only thing I wish it had is a detachable box magazine, which they do have now with the 116FCSS.

It was accurate out of the box. I check the zero before each hunt and it hasn't changed.

The only negative (actually it was just getting use to it) is the safety. Once I got use to it was easy. Forward is go (fire) back is stop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts