Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a short ride around the ranch late afternoon yesterday after I finished mowing the grass. Looking for a couple more stand sites that I want to set up. Saw 5 deer in just a 30 minute drive. Two I've noticed are brushed up by the cedar head behind my house. I see them frequently. Looks like a lot of deer this year. And with the high water we have now they will be more concentrated.

Looks like a great hunting season ahead. ;D

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
good luck
hopefully the road hunters and trespassers
leave you be

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's all private roads on the ranch. The main gate is closed most of the time. The ranch is posted and we ride the fence line most days. At least one of us does. There are no public roads that are even close to the ranch. Not even the fish & game people come on our property. If they do the owner throws a hissy fit and calls the sheriff. I've never seen anyone outside of family on the property.

Yeah I think we will be ok. ;D

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I had to put up a electric fence to keep the things from my garden. Just the short (10 to 15 minutes) 7:00 AM walk I take with my dog every morning I had two does and 3 fawns on the path near my pole barn.
On our evening walk yesterday we saw 11 does and fawn in a 45 minute walk around 20 acres.

:) Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts