Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am wanting to put a 45LC barrel on my tracker 2 frame. I don't see any pressure issues since they are about the same (12ga. anf 45LC). I noticed that the tamer has a combo 410/45 on a shotgun frame. I called NEF and they flat out said no way. What am I missing here? Thanks

Ron

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
GrassLakeRon said:
Hi all,

I am wanting to put a 45LC barrel on my tracker 2 frame. I don't see any pressure issues since they are about the same (12ga. anf 45LC). I noticed that the tamer has a combo 410/45 on a shotgun frame. I called NEF and they flat out said no way. What am I missing here? Thanks

Ron
Because the SB-1 frame isn't as strong as the SB-2 frame...and the 45 Colt can be loaded to pretty high pressures..Your best bet is to pick up a SB-2 frame and have it fitted to it.

Mac

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Because the SB-1 frame isn't as strong as the SB-2 frame...and the 45 Colt can be loaded to pretty high pressures..Your best bet is to pick up a SB-2 frame and have it fitted to it.

Mac

Which frame is the .410/45LC barrel on??

Spanky

·
Premium Member
9,385 Posts
The .410/.45LC is reported to be on a SB1 frame....<><....:)

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Now I'm confused too.

If the factory sells a 45LC barrel on the SB2 frame and also sells the .410/45LC on the SB1 frame then why won't they fit a 45LC to a SB1 frame as an accessory barrel?? Obviously someone can reload a "hot" 45LC and shoot it out of either one. Doesn't make sense to me.

Spanky

·
Super Moderator
51,155 Posts
The 410/45 Colt barrel has about 2" of freebore with a .45 Colt round chambered which greatly reduces pressure, so there's no way to have a pressure related problem with warm colt loads in the Survivor. ;) The 45 Colt carbine barrel has a decent throat and minimal freebore.

Tim

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
It doesn't seem like the .410/45LC would be very accurate when shooting the 45LC ammo with that much jump to the rifling??

Spanky

·
Super Moderator
51,155 Posts
They aren't, even those that put sights or a scope on em are usually disappointed. :'(

Tim

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
The 45/410 was designed as a survival gun many years ago. It sells and therefore is still in production. I bought one to carry in the plane, but ended up using it to kill Halibut with. It's great for shooting bigger Halibut in the head with 410 shells, stops their flopping around.

Before someone makes a statement about hunting Halibut, no we don't hunt them. We catch them with rod and reels. But you don't want to bring a 100lb plus halibut into the boat till it's dead. One shot in the head is all it takes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts