Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a SB2 frame on Amazon about 2 years ago. It worked fine for quite a while, But now the hammer wiill not c ock. Any ideas about what could cause that and recommendations would be highly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
I bought a SB2 frame on Amazon about 2 years ago.
It worked fine for quite a while, But now the hammer wiill not cock.
Any ideas about what could cause that and recommendations would be highly appreciated.
Disassemble & inspect. I suspect broken parts.
YOU BOUGHT ON ON AMAZON????.

·
Super Moderator
51,270 Posts
A stock bolt that's too long can also prevent the hammer from being c o c k e d, adding a washer or 2 can solve the problem.

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
As Tim said. Stock bolt. If you are using a youth LOP stock with adult length bolt this will occur. As Tim said , add a couple of washers.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My problem (new from the factory) was a broken hammer spring. After three trips to New York they found the problem and repaired it. It initally went for repair because it had real failure to fire problems. The replaced hammer spring was discovered when the rifle would not cock and it was returned for the last time.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not sure. I may have gotten it from the GO2GBO site. ??? However, it worked just fine for quite a number of rounds.
I disassembled and inspected the frame. The striker assembly is bent and the hammer lip that engages the trigger is chewed up. Apparently I did not make a good purchase. Numeric has the striker assembly, but not the hammer. Any suggestions on another source?

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Well glad ya found it. Hopefully parts are easy to acquire.
The guys are spot on as usual as we have seen others swapping stocks then finding this. But you didnt mention doing so. So broken parts next obvious assumption.
If you are unable to Locate parts post up here with pictures many of us also have parts my help you.
CW

Reactions: stewmagoo

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Check out a website called everygunpart.com. The sell decomissioned firearms parts kits - they show a topper 88 junior for 109 right now that looks to have the parts you need - it also includes the butt stock and a 20 gauge barrel that you could sell off to recoup some of the cost. otherwise look at ebay. I just found a parts kit there of all internals for 65.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts