Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS IS NOT AN OFFER TO SELL. I have an extra SB2 receiver, and am thinking of selling it, but have no idea what it would be worth. It has seen very little use, the serial number is NT 246xxx. I think it was originally a .308. It has a black synthetic stock (no monte carlo but does have a pistol grip) and a hammer spur extension. Can someone please give me an idea of what it might be worth? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
51,154 Posts
I've bought a lot of frames, they sell for as low as $60 up to $100, plus shipping and FFL fees. If you're not sure what original chambering was on it, it would be wise to contact H&R toll free at (866)776-9292 and ask them what barrels can be fitted to it just in case it's an SB1 frame. You can also take a look in the FAQs and Help sticky for comparison pics of SB1 and SB2 frames.

Tim

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
As a purchaser the way I would look at it is this. How much would it cost me to buy a new Handi? Then I would compare that to the cost of the receiver + shipping + FFL fees (in my case $27 on my end) {face to face exchange would eliminate the FFL fees in my state, but the cost of gas might be more than the FFL fee} + cost of stocks + the factory cost for a barrel. Now I might already have the stocks & barrel, but I would still use their value to see if it was worth it to buy a receiver only.

When I was looking for an extra receiver I stopped buy the local gun shop to see what he had. He had a used .45-70 Handi. The serial number was in the right range. I had no intention of wanting a .45-70, nothing to shoot in IL with it. But since I have been here on GBO I have been convinced that I needed one. The shop owner had this gun in there for a long time and was tired of telling people it wasn't a .410 shotgun. He had it marked at $169 which I thought was reasonable. But I knew he would deal on it so I asked thinking he might come down to $150. By the time he got done with the calculator he asked if I would take it for $123 out the door. I have shot it a few times in it's .45-70 format and it was a blast. But it has seen a lot of action in a .204 format with a used barrel I bought on GBO that was a perfect fit. The price of the used barrel plus the gun was cheaper than buying a new .204 Handi.

Long story but it gives you an idea of how I look at it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts