Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to make contact with Greybeard with this concern and no one has contacted me. I want to make everyone aware of 2 individuals that are scamming people like myself on these websites. I got scammed back on Dec. 19th from Balwant Achaibar which emailed me about a WTB ad on the Firearm WTB forum. He has a reputation for scamming other people from other websites as well. I have the USPS Postal Inspectors, State Police, and Sherriff involved. What I would like to know as well is Are we protected in any way using this website? Thanks, John

·
Super Moderator
50,909 Posts
The GBO classified rules clearly state that GBO no longer gets involved with member disputes. Personally I wouldn't deal with a non-member or member with no feedback, specially a trade.

I've sent Graybeard Private Messages with no problem, if you sent a visitor message, he may not even know he has them, there's no notice that they've been received except in Notifications, I had several the first few days, and didn't know they were there.

Tim

·
Administrator
26,045 Posts
I've gotten a few visitor messages and my notifications do tell me of them. I've gotten no PMs, visitor messages or e-mails from you on this matter.

But short answer is no there is nothing the site can do. If you deal with folks who aren't members and/or don't have feedback then you are on your own. We can ban members who cheat others but that has happened so few times over the years that we just haven't had to do it often.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
**** shame there are scammers out there Just the name would make me leary

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well,,,,,give us ALL the info so that we may be informed. Names,,,,places,,,,how did you pay,,,,address you shipped funds to? Maybe they live down the road from me.....that would be interesting to say the least.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
tizoapp I just go another scammer who goes by this name he registered just today on accurate shooter and replied to a WTB ad I placed Will keep everyone informed Here is his e-mail [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts