Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local store has the SCCY 2 9mm double action with 2 clips for 219 plus rebate that lowers price to 199.00 Comes with lifetime warranty. Breaks, they fix it, gets stolen, they replace it. Long trigger pull, approx 9 lbs, smooth. Anyone have one ? Any feedback ?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well, could not get any feedback on this one so I took the leap. Range report: Double action only, no safety (think of DA revolver with a 10 rd clip). Seemed like a long smooth trigger and a bit heavy (approx 8.5-9 lb) until I compared it to my Taurus ultralight 38 special. Not much difference. bought a box of American 9mm jacketed 115 gr to try it out. I am not used to a double stack mag so had some difficulty loading but its getting easier the more I do it. Accuracy: Tried 5 yrd shots at a 3/4" stick. 5 shots, 3 hits. 7 yrds, palm size group. Overall feel good. Will have to get used to the magazine release and grip but overall very satisfied.
A guy I work with bought one this last weekend. He has run a mixed box of cheap ammo thru his. No issues at this time.
will make a good truck or car gun (live in Texas).

·
Registered
900 Posts
Well, That's not because we are ignoring you.. We just don't have any relevant feedback to give. I've never even picked one up to look at. Seems to be the sister of the Keltec from what I understand. Shoot the snot of it and give us some feedback ;D

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Same here. I would have given feedback if I had any first hand experience with it.

IIRC the reviews were so-so when the original SCCY first came out, which is not unusual for a newly introduced firearm. The more recent reviews I've seen (only a couple) have been good.

I've only seen it in pictures, but I like the looks of it. It has a great price!

Hope it works out for you, let us know how it performs.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
My niece's husband just got one and he seems to like it so far. He has only had it to the range once and said function was good. I held it and seemed a little blocky in my hand but not terrible. Not too heavy and small enough that it should conceal pretty well. I haven't fired it so can't offer anything more.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Range Report: 40 rounds at 7 yrds. No missfeeds, no failure to fire, just bang bang bang. Accuracy: Rear and front sight alignment is good. Initially I was shooting low and right, started paying closer attention to trigger pull (my first double action) and pulled them into a 6" circle on slow fire. Rapid fire it opened up to 14 inches (me, not the pistol). So far, so good. Did notice 1 pin just forward of the trigger guard and backed out. Pushed back in. Will have to watch and if it does it again, a fix is in order.
I am happy, the gun is happy, the target is happy....so far a great price and a good gun (even though its a 9mm).

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Thanks for posting the range report.

A few years ago when looking to buy a compact 9mm the SCCY was one of several I was considering, but I could find almost no reviews or other information on it. Ended up getting an LC9 and am happy with it.
Glad it's working out for you.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Great price for a Sccy.
I got one a couple of weeks ago and on the way home from the ffl stopped of at our local range and fired 40 115g lead reloads and 30 factory FMJ 115's. No ftf or other problems.
Felt like my Kel-tec P-11 with a good trigger job.
Shooting slowly with a bag on bench I got about the same accuracy as with my Glock 26[no trigger job].
Very pleased and uses same holster as the Glock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts