Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I post this I am having a .375 Win. barrel rechambered to the .375 JDJ . I would like some advice on a good scope base to withstand the recoil of this round. Thank you.

·
Registered
316 Posts
VV 6 hole base

I assume that SSK would be doing the rechamber, and if so I would suggest letting them put a T'SOB mount on it. If you don't want to put the money up for that, ask him to add two extra mounting holes to the barrel and get a stratton 6 hole base from midway. they're in the $35-$45 range, so it'll save you a bit over the T'SOB. Add some Leupold vertical split rings, and you're set.
Mkee

·
Registered
414 Posts
I use a 6-hole weaver base with 3 Burris Zee Rings on mine and it's held tight for over 18 years.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
That's some real good advice from mkee, I have several barrels with the T'sob mounts and am very happy with them.......I also have a couple of Virgin Valley barrels with the Virgin Valley/Stratton Custom mounts and they are nice too.......the SSK mount has a few more cross slots and offers a few more options as to the number of scope rings you can use as well as position of the rings.

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts