Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a 500 slug gun with the 34 inch rifled bbl. It has the scope mounts on the bbl.

Any recomendations and do I need to stick to a shotgun scope or can a regular rifle scope work ?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scope recomendation for Mossberg 500 slug g

Fat finger of the keys. It should read 24 inch bbl, not 34 !!
Sorry

·
Registered
656 Posts

Cabin,

You don't have to stick with a shotgun scope, but one think that maybe important to you is eye relief. Another thing to consider is the average distance you will be shooting. Shotgun scopes typically have a parallex of 50 yards, where a rifle scope will have a parallex of 100-150 yards, depending on brand. We have a lot of people that buy the Bushnell Elite 3200 2-7x32 for their shotgun. Actually I know a lot of people don't care for them, but the Weaver Classic shotgun scope is great little scope. Very clear and bright.

·
Premium Member
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I went to the web site but could not find the Weaver Classic Shotgun Scopes.

Can you help.

Thanks

·
Registered
656 Posts

We typically do not stock many shotgun scopes, but I got one of these Weavers in last week and I was very impressed with it. The one we have is a 4x32 and is priced at $159.00. If you are interested let me know.

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts

Cabin4,

As Jon said, eye relief is important, as is the parallax setting. You should definately find a scope with at least 3.5" of eye relief and a minimum parallex setting of 50 yards.

Zachary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.