Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a taurus model 72 pump in .22 mag recently. I love it. I intend this to be my squirrel rifle. I have this idea of mounting a long eye relief scope on the thing. Can't put a standard scope on it cause it's a top eject. Anybody have any idea of a mount for this thing?

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Scout scope mount for taurus M72 .22WMR pum

I doubt if anyone makes one. You may have to make one yourself. I am thinking maybe a Ruger 22 MK 11 pistol scope mount the one that fits the dovetail for the rear sight and then has a collar that fits over the barrel. Not sure who makes these maybe bsquare but I had one on a MKII Gov and it worked well it is not a bad mount. You may have to shim the collar but I bet that may work. You would also have to cut for the tube . Jim

·
Registered
476 Posts

check out taurus website find your rifle and click on accessories it should be there along with a tang sight

·
Registered
70 Posts

If you get the sight from Tarus, just know that it replaces the rear sight. You remove it and it just screws into a hole they have in the barrel.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Don't I feel like an idiot. It never occured to me to look there. Thanks for the help. For a backup rear sight I've got a flip up tang aperture sight.

·
Registered
563 Posts

YOUR GOING TO LOVE THE SCOUT SCOPE SET UP! IT,S REALLY FAST!
I HAVE A SWEDISH MAUSER SCOUT, THAT I LOVE!
ALWAYS WANTED A RUGER 10-22 SET UP THAT WAY.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts