Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I got my little hornet barrel today and was going to put my Williams peep on it that came off of my BC. However, i dont have screws to fit it to the barrel, I checked the FAQs and didnt find anything on em so here i am. On a side note, I thought i would take the rear sight off and use those screws but there seems to only be one that holds the spring down. and i cant figure out how the darn thing comes off. it looks like it might take a punch to get it out. neways. let me know. Thanks in advance!
Hank.

·
Super Moderator
51,257 Posts
The barrel sight elevator screw has to be removed, don't loose the spring, the roll pin that the elevator hinges on also has to be punched out, the mounting screw is under the elevator.

The WGRS uses two 6-48 screws of different length, you can get them from Williams or H&R, where'd ya get it?

Tim

http://williamsgunsight.com/contact_us.htm

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So H&R or Williams are the only places i could get the screws from? I bought the barrel from woodchkhnter on here (by the way a great guy!) and the peep sight came off my BC which now wears the other williams peep (cant rem what it is. Its the bigger one.) and the screws that held the origional on the BC now hold the bigger one. So thats why i was looking for an extra pair of screws. Let me know, and thanks for the help!
Hank.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just bringin this back to the top.
Hank.

·
Super Moderator
51,257 Posts
You can look locally, but I doubt you'll find 6-48 screws anywhere but at a gunsmith. I gave you two easy sources, what the heck do you want? ??? They both know exactly what screws come with the WGRS-HR sight, so give em a call!

Woodchukhnter should have sent the screws that came with the sight if he's a great guy, I've sold two of em myself and sent the screws with both of em, I've also bought one used from Raynor, he sent me the screws with the sight. ;)

You could also order them from Brownell's, a dozen of the short ones, and a dozen of the long ones, they only sell em by the dozen. :-*

Tim

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry Quick, meant the barrel came from him not the sight. The sight i bought from H&R but they didnt send extra screws, I thought i was just supposed to use the ones the orig. came with. Does Midway carry em? I looked but didnt find any. LOL! Not sure if i know what i want. LOL JK! I will give brownells a try. Thanks Tim. I appriciate all you have done to help me.
Hank.

·
Super Moderator
51,257 Posts
Call H&R and tell em you need the screws for the sight, they'll send em to ya, just be sure they know you want the screws for the WGRS peep sight.

Tim

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, thanks Tim!
Hank.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Just as a side note, I recently changed the sights on my 45-70 22" barrel to the WGRS and a firesight bead on a Williams shorty ramp. WGRS went on without a hitch, but got a surprize when I took off the front sight. The screw holding it on was smaller than the 6-48 that came with the shorty and the WGRS. Had to have it drilled and tapped. I think my barrel was fairly early vintage. My old eyes sure love those sights though. GOOD SHOOTIN', Walt ;D

·
Super Moderator
51,257 Posts
Hopalong7 said:
Just as a side note, I recently changed the sights on my 45-70 22" barrel to the WGRS and a firesight bead on a Williams shorty ramp. WGRS went on without a hitch, but got a surprize when I took off the front sight. The screw holding it on was smaller than the 6-48 that came with the shorty and the WGRS. Had to have it drilled and tapped. I think my barrel was fairly early vintage. My old eyes sure love those sights though. GOOD SHOOTIN', Walt ;D
If you read the FAQs Peep and Firesights link, you'll see that current barrels use the small screw also, but it will still mount ok using the factory screw, I just did a new 44mag barrel that way. ;)

Tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts