Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A man I work with is a long range competition shooter. I can’t really put a name on his rifles because they are built and the parts come from all over the country. He knew I was getting a new rifle so this morning he asked me if I seasoned the barrel yet. I said no I shot it a few times then cleaned it. How do you season it? He said well it’s too late now but all you need to do is shoot it twice then cleans it with Montana extreme copper remover and repeat that about 5-6 times or until you stop getting copper out. Do any you know about this? I didn’t and now I can’t help but wonder if I’ve done damage. I didn’t ask him because he had to go take someone’s gallbladder out

·
Registered
986 Posts
Those long range guys are a different breed, and play a different game. I'm sure your Henry is fine. Shoot it and enjoy.

·
Registered
391 Posts
What he ^^^ said!!. Likely half the rifles delivered today were test fired, left dirty and shipped to be sold. In my opinion, more rifles are damaged by overcleaning or incorrect cleaning than anything else. Get a proper sized Bore Snake and clean it when accuracy drops off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts