Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read about someone here who bounced their Lee scale of a wall.
Just wondering, if I were to try this, what would be my best choice for a replacement?
How much difference should I expect in my load accuracy with better scales?
Just wondering.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I wouldn't be willing to put a dent in a perfectly good wall with the POS lee scale.... I think I buried mine in the backyard...with the others....

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
I too found the lee scale difficult to use.....

I loaded for many years with an RCBS 10/10.....

I now have another 10/10......after an evening of loading, I return it to zero and it balances perfectly.......every time........

·
Registered
326 Posts
Call me lazy, but the Lyman DPS II is warming up on the bench as I type! This is probably the best investment I've made towards the reloading bench in years....

Still use a RCBS to check the throws from it, but it seems unnecessary...it's always dead on!

Scott (digital is fun) B

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts
blucollar said:
Just wondering, if I were to try this, what would be my best choice for a replacement?
How much difference should I expect in my load accuracy with better scales?
Just wondering.
That would have been me . ;) Replaced it with a RCBS 5-0-5 and never looked back , have used that same scale for over 25 years now with out the first hick-up , still going strong .

stimpy

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I started out with a Redding 505 gr beam scale that worked great for 25+ years and still works if needed. 8 or 9 years ago I bought an RCBS Deluxe 1500 scale off of a friend who couldn't make it work because he didn't figure out the directions. He was actually re-zeroing it after each throw, DUHHH! The RCBS has worked without fail for me and I only re-zero if it's unpluged. I wouldn't go back to a beam scale short of needing to load during a power failure. I love this scale.

·
Registered
928 Posts
[/quote]

That would have been me . ;) Replaced it with a RCBS 5-0-5 and never looked back , have used that same scale for over 25 years now with out the first hick-up , still going strong .

stimpy
[/quote]

Same thing here, and yes I throwed out my old LEE scale too...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again guys.
I'll have the 5-0-5 headed my way asap!

ps. I thought it was stimpy but was't sure. ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts