Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
22,251 Posts
Id say! I got a bunch of bullets from my cousin that got them remodeling a home for a women whos husband died. Probably 20 boxes of 55 grain sierra 556 bullets that had 3.49 on them. Tons of others at 5 bucks or less. Must have came from at least back in the 60s or early 70s. Lots of the sierras that came in the same old boxes you have there. I cant claim to have any that cheap I bought myself. Just like most of those bullets I got for free mine end up in the dirt somewhere long before they collect dust.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just bought these from a fellow reloader. Paid a bit more than the marked price but still got a good deal.
I’ve told this story before so it’s a repeat.
When Walmart first opened locally a few years back, I went in one day and they were selling Nosler 6.5 100 grain BTs for $6 a box.
I bought a couple and went back a week later, telling the wife I was going to buy some more.
Asked the clerk if they were still $6 a box and he said no but he’d look it up. Said they’re $2.50 a box. I bought all they had and would have bought more. Unfortunately they only had 7 or 8 boxes. I did get several boxes Hornady 270 grain 375 bullets for $8 at the same time which I thought was also a good deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
22,251 Posts
I was at the local pamida store one day. Pamida is a even crappier Walmart if you don't have one. I was in the sporting good section and saw 22 mags fore 8 bucks a box. Thought that was a good deal. They were still blister packed in 4 round packs so I figured what the heck and bought 4. Got home and saw they only charged me 8 bucks for 4 boxes! Went back when I was at work the next day with one of my journey lineman and we bought 24 boxes at 2 bucks a box. Probably the best ammo deal I ever found. Guy at the counter asked what the heck we were going to do with all that ammo. We chuckled. Went back the next week to see if they put out more and they had single boxes then for 8 bucks. Seems some stock person probably got there but chewed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts