Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you're right, but then we here at GB can tend to focus on the firearm and not the article, that's what I did. Kind of surprised me to see a Luger among western law men.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just recalled the one John Wayne movie with the Broomhandle Mauser.
It was great to see the picture posted.
Best wishes

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Never even handled a Luger. I've heard they look great but the trigger is horrible.

·
9,530 Posts
jpshaw said:
Never even handled a Luger. I've heard they look great but the trigger is horrible.
Actually I was pleasantly surprised by the trigger on mine. A little heavy but broke crisp.

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
That' because it is a P-08 Luger pistol. Some Lugers have horrible triggers; it is as though you have to pull the darn trigger back through the rear of the trigger guard before she lets off however, there is/are some easy fixes. If yours is collectable and you don't want to replace parts, then try this: beneath the side plate is a lever activated by the trigger which depresses the sear causing it to release. You can shorten the travel of that lever by using some JB Weld to build up two flats on the lever - one where the lever fits into the trigger and the other where the lever fits against the sear. You can build those flats up a hair or two and then carefully work them down until you get the trigger pull you want. Also, on the sear bar itself there is a smooth milled notch that may have a edge on it that can be worked a bit for a smoother let off. HTH

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Thanks Mikey...I think I'm going to just leave it alone. My Lugers are for own'n and occasional shoot'n!

BTW...nothing yet on my NY deal......

·
9,530 Posts
drdougrx said:
Thanks Mikey...I think I'm going to just leave it alone. My Lugers are for own'n and occasional shoot'n!
+1 ;D

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
Article does say that his regular carry was a SAA 45 Colt named Ol' Lucky

... in case anyone else besides me had their romantic notion of the wild west jeopardized by the inclusion of a Luger in the picture.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I like the Luger, like Hammer's rifle too, the Model 8 Remington.

·
Premium Member
4,540 Posts

Believe me, they are!! Makes you wonder why their so expensive.
Steve

·
Premium Member
4,540 Posts
Texas Ranger museum in San Antonio shows several of his guns on display there along with Bonnie & Clyde's get away car. Well worth a visit.
Steve

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Texas Ranger museum in San Antonio shows several of his guns on display there along with Bonnie & Clyde's get away car. Well worth a visit.
Steve
actually, it's in Waco, but that's sorta on the way to San Antonio from here.
it's well worth a full day's visit however you get there.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
actually, it's in Waco, but that's sorta on the way to San Antonio from here.
it's well worth a full day's visit however you get there.

You do have a great sense of humor.;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts