Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went to Sportsmans Warehouse to look at and handle a variety of different .223 rifles. I ended up deciding on the CZ 527 Varmint with the Laminate Stock. I was very surprised when I saw the price tag. The gun was actually cheaper there than it would have been to order if from Wal-Mart.

I feel that I am like many members on this forum. We are willing to pay a little extra to buy our guns from a reputable gun dealer, but just figured that with Wal-Marts buying power and poor customer service, that nobody else can come very close to their price, let alone beat it. I feel great that I was able to spend my money at a store with great service and business practices that don't turn my stomach.

On a side note, I will be topping this gun with the Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40 scop and bino deal from Jon's Optics. By sponsoring this forum, he is providing a greater service to me than any salesman.

Thought you might like to know.
Brandon

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sounds like a killer set up for varmints and just plain shooting around. I have no experience with the gun, but that is a super scope, especially for the price. I wouldn't hesitate to put that scope on any gun and hunt anything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sportsman's Warehouse

The Sportsman's Warehouse is expanding locations at a fast pace throughout the western and mid western states. There prices are great, selection is wide and they give an additional 5 % discount to military including retirees, guard and reserves.

They must stock around 500 firearms or more.

Good Shooting.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've noticed the Walmart gun phenomenon as well; besides the Mossbergs, single shots, and cheap package guns, Walmart often has higher prices than other, more specialized stores. Incidently, that's how Walmart makes money; they have those cheap "price point" items and the other highlighted deals designed to make people unconsciously think, "All of these prices must be as good as those two dollar microwaves" when they charge more for the other products farther back on the shelves. Ah, the price of convenience.

In fact, PBS had a whole "Frontline" special devoted to Walmart a few weeks ago. I thought it was pretty interesting. I had always considered the people who ranted and raved about Walmart as isolationists who can't stand the thought of foreign companies advancing out of the agricultural age, but now I'm beginning to see their point more and more...

Eddie

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Not to change the subject but PBS and Frontline would like nothing more than to get every gun out of every Walmarts in the Country. There isn't much difference between Frontline and 60 Minutes when it comes to anti-gun shows.

Walmarts gets enough heat for selling Firearms and Ammo from the Liberal Media and Networks, including Cable Networks. If it wasn't for the Liability of selling guns, the prices would be lower.

When Sportsman's Warehouse gets as big as Walmarts and the Customer base is about the same their prices will be as much or more than Walmarts. How much do you think you'd pay if Walmarts wasn't there as a competitor?

I don't buy guns at Walmarts but I do buy Ammo and other Hunting and Fishing supplies, I might buy a gun one day from Walmarts if I feel that the Liberal Media is making headway against the practice of doing it.

I also believe it will be long before K-Mart no longer sells guns.

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Many of the K-Marts in the Balto-Wash area do not sell firearms any longer. The one's that do have priced them far above Walmart and many of the local gun shops. Same goes for the ammo.

EVOC ONE

·
Registered
127 Posts
cz 527 varmint

hey blittle

you will love the cz 527 varmint laminate!!
i have the same gun in .223 and its a tack driver
the set trigger takes a little getting used to so be careful when using it for the first time other than that the action is a little clunky if your used to a sako or tikka which has a butter smooth one but it will loosen up with time
mine likes 24 gr varget over a 50 gr hornady v max at .10 off the lands
good luck and good shooting
divr6347 :D :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts