Graybeard Outdoors banner

Shot my 23" 223 barrel today

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  rickt300 
#1 ·
Contender of course. Has anybody else gotten the excellent accuracy out of their barrels I have. This one is stainless and it is a tack driver. I shoot three and five shot groups that look like ragged single hole all the time. The limiting issue is me! This barrel which I have only loaded 45 gr. bullets for shoots way better than I first though reasonable. I had an Encore 223 barrel that was the same way a true tackdriver. My 30-30 AI barrel is similarly accurate but not quite like the 223. The excellent trigger my first generation frame has is probably part of the equation but the barrels must be pretty good. I have only owned Rochester made rifle barrels so far and all of them have been fine shooters.

#2 ·
My 223 Contender is extremely accurate. I love this little rifle and also have 22 LR Match and 17HMR barrels for it and neither of those are exactly slouchy in the accuracy department either. I made a straight fore end for it to use bench shooting which makes it just that much easier to get good groups.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.