Graybeard Outdoors banner

Shotgun Technique is gonna have to change

1K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Fred 
Heyya Cheyenne

Do't be too hasty in dismissing the left handed change. Man, I am very sorry to hear about your right shoulder. That e-mail was a gruesome read for us all. It may sound dumb when you first read it but.....have you given any thought to switching over to southpaw with the long guns?

Accurate hip, or point shootin the shotgun without benefit of shouldering the weapon is certainly possible. Yet, if you invested that same amount of time to try converting to shooting the shotgun left handed you would have the luxury of using the one good shoulder you have left. (I have seen speed loading/shooting demonstrations by left handed 97 shooters that were pretty dang impressive)

Just a thought....I don't envy you regarding the shoulder problem.....I am proud of you for attempting to find a way to overcome the malady and continue shootin CAS. The Cowboy Way, ya gotta love it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.