Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
The reason I use these buscadero gun-rigs is that I´ve got them very, very cheap.
We have a holster maker here in Sweden who makes some very nice holsters and I´ll probably order a cross-draw holster from him when I can afford it.http://www.myntet.ac/241/startram.htm

This rig for my Uberti 45 is handmade by unknown person.

This is a Bianchi left-hand gun-rig that came with my recently bought Blackhawk.

·
Registered
739 Posts
well mine are kind of plain at best... took a hunter holster and removed the snaps/interior metal parts; put leather loops and little scrap of leather for pulling the loop retainer off the hammer... added tie down leather ... and used a chicago screw to tighten up any parts needing it : like to make it more of a canting crossdraw holster or to close up the bottom edge a little; and also for attachment to the belt
the belt is just a carpenter's work belt from harbor freight that I darkened my self
I will not be able to bring my self to post a pic.. it is a bit embarrassing that I am going to cheap and low tech...
my other one is a little more cowboy style and professionally done
maybe if someone else has a really ragged out cheap improvisation then I will show mine LOL
just call me coy.
dk.

·
Registered
90 Posts
This shoulder-holster is very useful, it´s marked Beretta 92/98 but it fits almost everything, 1911, various pistols, revolvers from snub-nose to 5½" barrel.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Upper Left is a Cabela's holstering an 1860 Army Colt. Next is a Oklahoma Rig holstering a Stoeger .45Colt SAA. Below Left is a Black Hills Rig sporting a Colt .22 Peacemaker SAA. Last, is another Black Hills Rig toting a Cimarron .45Colt SAA.

·
Registered
320 Posts
SAA said:
The reason I use these buscadero gun-rigs is that I´ve got them very, very cheap.
We have a holster maker here in Sweden who makes some very nice holsters and I´ll probably order a cross-draw holster from him when I can afford it.http://www.myntet.ac/241/startram.htm

This rig for my Uberti 45 is handmade by unknown person.

This is a Bianchi left-hand gun-rig that came with my recently bought Blackhawk.
I looked at the website, nice stuff. How restrictive are the handgun laws in Sweden? I notice several concealed carry rigs on the website.

·
Registered
90 Posts
In Sweden only LEO´s are allowed to carry a handgun, us sport-shooters can only carry when were at a field-target competition (a national competition form here were we shoot at targets of different size and color, at different distances approximately 20-80m out in the woods).
We have a magnum version of this competition form too, were the distances ranges from 20m up to 180m (lots of fun). ;D

I looked at the website, nice stuff. How restrictive are the handgun laws in Sweden? I notice several concealed carry rigs on the website.

·
Premium Member
3,025 Posts
I took this picture before I noticed this was a single action thread, so here's one from a double action guy.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Ok! Here are a few of my most used rigs. Of the the carry holsters, the first one is an old Lawrence 120 custom made for my Mag-na-port 5" RSB, then a Mernickle high ride, and my favorite, a Threepersons from El Paso Saddlery.

These are the cowboy rigs that I use with the Christian Cowboys. We do theatrical gunfights and historical re-enactments. The double rig has a custom made belt and two old steel lined Hunter fast draw holsters. The rough out holster is a Stinson from Roswell N.M. on a Hunter belt. And the black one is another Hunter rig.

This is another Denny Stinson holster from Larry's in Roswell. I can't believe I only paid $50 for that 5 years ago!

·
Premium Member
3,025 Posts
44 said:
This is another Denny Stinson holster from Larry's in Roswell. I can't believe I only paid $50 for that 5 years ago!
I'll give you $52 for it right now. ;D
That is one nice looking rig. I tried to find something a little fancy but there ain't a lot of guys making nice leather for double actions.

·
Registered
74 Posts
when i have the cash I need to find a hunting rig for a dan wesson stainless 10" 44mag cross draw or over the crest I live in pa and it sometimes snows and is cold for deer season insulated coveralls or think coat. gloves etc.. i heard though leather adsorbs smells and i know it will tarnish bullets bullets and is not that good in wet conditions. I also have a ruger super single 6" six stainless but i carry that in a inexpensive uncle mikes syn holster.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
What can I say about Denny Stinson? I found my holsters at Larry's gun shop in Roswell NM. I guess Mr. Stinson is one of those persons who has a talent for wonderful holsters but doesn't really like to do this all the time. Larry told me that he will be in town for a while making these and then take off for parts unknown to do something else. Eventually he will be back in Roswell making holsters again to make a living. So it is a catch as catch can situation unfortunately. I have seen his holsters appear from time to time on ebay, and I have seen them for double actions there. I guess you could contact Larry's gun shop and try. I was through there and bought those holsters some time ago and have not talked to him for a couple of years. At the time I was there, Mr Stinson was gone as I wanted him to make me a left hand mate to that last holster. Good luck 44 Man

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
44 Man, Larry's gunshop is the best store in southeastern NM and West TX and he is still talking about retiring. I'll be in Roswell today and will stop in for some Win. t-22 ammo since no one else in the country keeps it.

I understand Mr. Stinson's need to do something else every once in a while. I used to do leatherwork as a sideline to make ends meet and because I enjoyed it. Finally got to where I couldn't look at another tooled belt or repairing another saddle and quit doing it for years.

Last winter I built six holsters and three shellbelts for my son-in-law and myself and that was enough. This winter I want to build a couple more holsters for a couple 0f semi-autos I picked up this year. I save it for the cold, nasty days when I don't want to be outside.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts