Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is my H&R Topper in 30-30 Win with Leupold 1.5-5x20mm scope. I had 4 sporting type rifles at one time and I always used this one. Now this is my only sporting type deer rifle. I have an H&R Ultra in .223 for plinking though.

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blackbear said:
Carbineman, How do you like your Leupold scope?
The scope is great for that rifle. I bought it used for $200. I also bought another in matte finish used for $155. The eye relief is great especially at lower power settings. The glass is bright and crisp especially in the matte finished one. I would not pay what the new ones cost, but these were a great value.

Another one to check out is the Weaver V3 1-3x20mm. Seems even to haver better optics than the Leupolds. The only drawback is the magnification could be better than 3 power. Otherwise like the Leupold it is a great low power variable scope. I used those and still have a few on various other firearms.

·
Registered
641 Posts
No shotgun hunting for me! -- Leupold is one of the best.

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HuntingGuy said:
No shotgun hunting for me! -- Leupold is one of the best.
Hunting Guy I am not quite getting your point. You don't hunt in a shotgun area? I included the shotgun question for those that do. I agree with you on the Leupold premise. A good scope but overpriced IMHO.;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts