Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stimp (man it is hard to type that I had one of my best friends in the military pass away a few years ago and his nickname was Stimpy(last name was Stimpson)) WOW ... I know you are a fan of COLOR LOL (i think that was an understatement) but I am going camo so if you have one in camo not neon LOL or anyone else please show I have looked in the painted post on FAQ but was wondering if there are any new ones ... I am thinking about painting one or some of my guns and wanted to get some ideas, the good and bad, and the do's and don'ts of painting .... Thanks

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Not a Handi but I painted this one. Dale

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts
NS

Just finished my UV 22-250 in winter camo , i'll try to get some pics up tonight . ( no - neon ) ;)

stimpy

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Here is my.30-40 handi rifle (barrel converted from .30-30) it uses Krylon olive paint, overlayed with Krylon Webbing paint and then three coats of satin poly!!.

Dave

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
I just finished this one - my first paint job. I wanted to use the webbing paint like above, but could only find gold webbing and did not like how it looked. So I went with a spotted coating of Rustoleum's Hammered Paint over the Rustoleum Khaki from the camo set.

·
Super Moderator
51,247 Posts
Might as well show some factory camo stocks! ;D They're listed on the 2007 Retail Parts list page in the FAQs.

Tim

Synthetic

Wood

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Factory Camo Stocks are pretty nice!!!

By the way, the black webbing paint is pretty hard to find..this company will ship out pretty quick,

http://www.misterart.com

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
I used Rustolium Sandstone paint for the metal, barrel and receiver. Then Rustolium stone accents for the wood, covered with a clear matt finish sealer. Love it

·
Super Moderator
51,247 Posts
Naw, that's just the other side!!! ;D ::)

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I did not do this one Longcruise did,I will do some more when any one of the other projects I have going are finished. Doug

·
Super Moderator
51,247 Posts
Doug, I see you have one of those break-away muzzles!!! ;D

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Tim, I was always getting that mixed up muzzle break, break away muzzle. oh well .We can blame the metal eating beavers in this part of the world. ::) Doug

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Yes Sir I am trying to get myself lined out so I can get some of the projects done.My Darling is still trying to housebreak me , so things are going slow. ::) Doug

·
Super Moderator
51,247 Posts
Give the lil'darling a hug for me! ;)

Tim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts