Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago I started a project gun that I want to finnish. I had a Siamese action barreled and chambered in .45-70. The problem comes in the Siamese action is not your normal 98 Mauser action. Does anyone know a company that makes sporting stocks for this action?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Funny you should ask this question.

I am currently in the final stages of fitting a barreled Siamese Mauser action to a stock blank. The choice was between using a 90% inletted commercial M'98 Mauser stock or making one from scratch. The Siamese Mauser action magazine box is about 1/4" deeper than the '98 action. That would require a pre-inletted stock with lots of "meat" to allow inletting to fit the siamese mauser action. Although the '98 pre-inletted stock is close, there were a couple spots around the tang that would need Acraglas filler.

I decided to start from a raw stock blank instead. It's a LOT more work, or course, but satisfying to get to the point where it actually LOOKS and FEELS like a custom stock. You might consider this as well.

For pre-inletted shaped stocks, try Richard's Microfit in Sun Valley, California. The have a website for ordering and product support.

HTH
John

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Richards Microfit Gunstocks at www.rifle-stocks.com

They list a Siamese Mauser stock as available n 96% inletted, but no pricing info. They may have to go into a short production run for your order. Give them a call. They are nice folks and good to deal with.

HTH
John

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information.
I thought of making a stock my self and even purchased a huge chunk of Mahogany to make into a stock. about 1/3 of the way through it I figured out that I am not talented with wood working tools and tend to do things to speed up the process.
I will give Richards micro fit a look.
Brian

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'll also recommend Richards Micro fit.. I bought mine from them and it was a nice chunk of wood for the price.

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all I went to the Website looked at the available stuff and will stop in next week as I live here in sunny So California. I am hoping i can talk them into a custom full stock for me.
Riots Fires and mud slide capital of the US.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts