Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...i posted before...but i have been saving up for an omega...then i remembered the NEF sidekick...well i was thinkign about one in stainless and a comp. stock...well are these guns well made...i know some of the BPI guns had rumors of pressure prbs...the sidekick doesn't does it?...is it rugged...reliable?...a good all around gun?...I have 3 other NEF guns...but not a NEF muzzleloader...would i be dissapointed in this gun or should i jump onto it?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well,here's my honest opinion from owning both a sidekick and an
Omega.The sidekick is a well built,good handling rifle and mine
is very accurate.For the price,it is an excellent value and I would recomend it to anyone.It is not in any way like the BPI products.If
it is all you can spend,I would say go for it.However,if you can
spend the extra for the Omega,you will not be disappointed.The
Omega is a finelybuilt,accurate,and good handling rifle with a lifetime warranty.My omega also showsabsolutely no blowback(my scope is
clean after a full day at the range).
You really can't go wrong with either of these rifles,but you do get
more rifle with the added expense of the Omega.I still shoot both rifles,
but my Omega and Encore see much more range time as they are
much nicer rifles.
With all this said,the Sidekick is a fine rifle and not very picky
about loads.Mine will shoot just about any bullet well with the
right powder charge.If it's at the upper end of your budget,go for it.
Like anything else in life,buy the best you can afford and you will
be happiest in the long run.This has just been my experience and
others may have had different results.Hope I've been of some help
Gary :)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Well, I have had both experiences with T/C's and NEF. I would get the NEF it's dependable and will shoot very well. I have had no problems with mine.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well, I give the nod for the sdekick! I don't like paying for the name. As far as range performance, I've seen the sidekick outperform the omega :shock: I'm not into fancy stuff, just reliable and proven. :toast: I've had an omega, and to be perfectly honest, it didn't shoot as good as my sidekick does. :mrgreen: just my :money: worth
tommy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts