Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which way do you drift the sight on this rifle to remove it??? i also am putting a Lyman adjustable one on whch way do i drift it???
i have broken sights by drifting them the wrong way. also this gun is mechanically sound shoots decent the stock is banged up and i ma considering refinishing the stock i picked the gun up for 175 which is overpriced but it inherited savages accuracy and for a cheap gun shoots and handles decent killed my first sika with it i have many other guns but thought this would be a great starter gun as my daughter grows into a bigger cartridge

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
howie1968 said:
which way do you drift the sight on this rifle to remove it??? i also am putting a Lyman adjustable one on whch way do i drift it???
i have broken sights by drifting them the wrong way. also this gun is mechanically sound shoots decent the stock is banged up and i ma considering refinishing the stock i picked the gun up for 175 which is overpriced but it inherited savages accuracy and for a cheap gun shoots and handles decent killed my first sika with it i have many other guns but thought this would be a great starter gun as my daughter grows into a bigger cartridge
Howie,
Can't find any info on a model 840 Savage...Can you give us some more info on the gun? Is it a bolt action, and approx. age? At any rate, I would expect that the rear sight dove-tail is driven in from the right-hand side (bolt side), and would be removed-driven out from the LEFT. That is the standard technique.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.