Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
your the 3rd prairie boy i've run across on this site.ever since i saw an episode of american shooter that featured long range silhouettes i 've been fascinated with this sport. i would like to try it but i've never heard of any such events near me. is there a class that allows the use of milsurp rifles? i can't afford much and if the Lee-Enfield was good enugh for target competion in the fifties, why not now?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you can shoot it, but it will be only in the silhouette (heavy rifle) class, you could maybe try hunter class,
Hunter class; it has to look like a hunter rifle, not exeed 8.5 Lb with the sights, barell not longer than 26 inches,
for the heavy class enything goes (almost) as long is not heavier than 10 Lb 2 oz, including sights.
Drop me an email and let me know where from Man. are you, maybe we will find a club near you
Shootingpaul

·
Registered
300 Posts
A Question.

I've been shooting smallbore silhouette for a few years and I would like to give large bore a shot. There is no range in my area capable of 500m shots yet so I've never shot in a official shoot. If I was to go to the nationals this year in BC, would I be able to shoot centrefire in my rimfire classification or would I have to shoot as a Master? (of which I definately am not)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you have to qualify with your hig power, it is done through entering a match and what score you shoot - it will put you in the class of your score, if you do not shoot any registered matches then you haver to be shooting as unclassified (and yes it is going to be against highest entered class at this championships - and I believe there will be some masters)

(for ex if you attend your first match - as unclassified- and the highest shooter is AA then you shoot against him)
were you from? drop me email and maybe we will find a range.
usually many unclassified guys shoot a match before nationals so they get into class
hope it helped
shootingpaul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts