Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a variable pistol scope for my 15" .308 encore barrel. I have looked at and through both the Simmons and Bushnell 2x6x32. I feel their wasn't much difference between the two. What I'm wondering is which will hold up the best to the recoil of the .308. I would really like feedback from those who have experience with these two scopes. Thanks

·
Registered
449 Posts
I had one on a 7mm-08 for awhile and it worked great..mine was the Elite though if that makes a difference

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Of the two, I would recommend the Bushnell Elite 3200 2-6X. I have had seven of them in service for several years, and have had no problems.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I owned a Simmons for one day. That's how long it took the recoil from my 7-30 Waters Contender to destroy the scope. Now I only shoot Burris. I have a buddy who shoots with a Bushnell 2x6x32. No issues to my knowledge. Not sure if it a trophy or elite 3200.

Otherwise, I have converted him to Burris scopes for all his needs.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I have the Bushnell Trophy mounted on both my 7-30 Waters and my 308 and have had no issues. I also have the Simmons Pro Hunter on a 223 barrel with no problems there either. Of the two I would recommend the Bushnell.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a Bushnell 2 X 6 Trophy mounted on a 7 X 444 Contender. So far (200 rds) no problem. My other heavy hitters wear Burris or Leupolds in SSK T'SOB mounts. They haven't failed either.

·
Registered
16 Posts
redfox, I have a couple of trophy 2X6 scopes and although i,m 6' tall my arms are almost too short for the eye relief . My Burris 2X7 seems to work much better for me.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
No matter which scope you go with make sure you buy good rings. No matter how good the scope if it's not mounted properly your scope won't last.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the input. I decided to go with the Bushnell Trophy. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
I would chose the Bushnell also, I have one on my 460 Mag and it is holding up real good. I have over 2000 rounds of 460 Mags on this one scope, it was also on my 500 Mag with over 1000 rounds. So I would venture to say it will hold up on the 308.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went out the other day and sighted it and then shot a 'few' rounds. All I can say is WOW!! I love it! I have it dead on and 1 1/2" high at 100. Our modern gun season starts Sat. and all I've got to do now is put some meat in the freezer with it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have had the pro-hunter and if you plan on possibly getting into larger handgun cartridges I will simple tell you they are junk . I had a ruger 44 magnum redhawk and I had it mounted on this gun it was chambered in 44-magnum and I bet by the time I shot 100 rounds it started fallling apart from the inside out a white powder started to form on the inside of the front reticle and then after a few more rounds like 50 or so the cross hairs broke . I also had a bushnell holo sight genIII and the reflective lens inside broke it was mounted on a taurus 454 raging bull. I havent found one yet that wont break that cost less than $300.00 gOOD LUCK
454-HUNTER

·
Registered
618 Posts
i've got a ruger srh 44 mag with a simmons 2x scope. she has held up so far to quite a few heavy loads.
also,i have a bushnell 2x6 on my 357, no problems, i realize there is no comparsion in recoil with the big boys,
but i do like the view out of the 2x6 bushnell just a bit more than the simmons.
another scope out there that might work is the weaver.dan

·
Registered
24 Posts
:) Natches shooters supply has the Bushnell elite 3200 2x6 pistol scope on sale
at unbelievablel price check it out... firefly reticle
BH322636M
ELITE 3200 FFLY 2-6X32 MAT HANDG
In Stock

$149.95..........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts