Graybeard Outdoors banner

41 - 60 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts

TCR 223

#1 218 Bee shooting the 40 gr V-max at 3750fps.

Contender(s) with mis barrels

A variety of NEFs, this is a stock i just made from scrath for one. have syn, plain jane wood and laminated models as well

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here is one of mine single shot rifle. A Falling Block Works in .357 Maximum.I just love those single shots

edit: new link for photo

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nothing like a single shot .45 AIRGUN! Can't beat the accuracy with a stick!
Took this Black Bellied Barbados Corsican Ram with a 250 grain pellet shot from my .45 caliber single shot airgun. The effectiveness was quite dramatic.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Wish I had a big bore air gun, but here's my old Fienwerkbau 124 (.177 cal) with 2.5X Leupold Compact scope.

I bought it (new) over 26 years ago. It has accounted for many hundreds of pest birds during that time plus dozens of rabbits and squirrels, and one pheasant. The seal finally went bad and I recently had it replaced along with a higher velocity spring. It shoots H&N match pellets at 822 fps and groups in about 0.3-inch at 20 yards. During the past month it's got 9 squirrels off my bird feeder (at 11 yards) with 9 shots.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Here are some of mine.

The ******* 1866/1841 Trapdoor,

My reworked Marlin Ballard .22 WCF

One of my Pedersoli rolling blocks, this one is a 45-70. I plan to restock it this winter in the style of J.P.Gemmer

I have another Pedersoli rolling block but that is being rebarreled to 50-70. I have not decided how to stock that one yet.

A couple other cartridge guns and a bunch of muzzle loading single shots are also around but were too shy to sit for the camera.

Happy New Year all.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Here are my current No. 1's. The top one is a #1 AH in .25-06 with Circassian walnut. The next one down is a .375 H&H built in 1971 or '72. The next one is a .416 Rigby (Elmer Keith prairie dog gun). And the bottom one is a .45-70, which I believe also has a Circassian buttstock. The .375 & .416 aren't too bad to shoot, even with full-house loads, BUT that .45-70 is absolutely brutal and will screw you into the ground with about anything over 1900 fps.

I've also got a couple of old Stevens single shots stashed in the back of the safe that are upcoming restoration projects.

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts

My Savage model 12 in .308......Single shot Bolt gun..

·
Registered
855 Posts
Here's one of the latest additions to my single shot rifle collection. It's a #4 three barrel cased set, engraved by Dale Woody. One 26" matted top round barrel in .22 magnum, one 24" round in .22LR, and one 22" octagon in .22 short. A Malcolm style repro scope is set up to fit each barrel.

And finally, after refinishing the scope and mounts:

·
Registered
855 Posts
Here's two more that I acquired recently also.
Top gun is a factory engraved Francotte Martini takedown, with 28" full octagon .310 barrel. Bottom is a Rem Rolling Block #1 1/2 Sporting Rifle, with 28" full octagon barrel in .22LR.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Marlinman,

I also enjoy Ballard rifles, you have a nice collection.

In reply #48 in the third picture, is that a Stevens Tip Up rifle?

Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
What a nice Martini, I just love the Martini`s
Here is one of mine that will end as a 218 Bee. It`s a HWZ from Germany.

·
Registered
855 Posts
StrawHat said:
Marlinman,

I also enjoy Ballard rifles, you have a nice collection.

In reply #48 in the third picture, is that a Stevens Tip Up rifle?

Thanks.
Yes. that's a Stevens Premier tip up rifle.

·
Registered
35 Posts
As you can below I like Martini Cadets. The top rifle in the group pic is my wildcat I call the 20 Raven, sorta a rimmed & blown VarTarg. The middle rifle is a 17 Ackley Bee and bottom is a 218 Bee. The last pic is my 35/30-30 with octagon barrel w/tang sight and detachable scope mount

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
dondford, I only think it's fair to say.......I hate you :( ;D
Beautiful rifles, mate.
Wish they were mine.
I still have 2 Martini actions, a large frame Enfield and a Cadet, ready for projects but as usual the almighty dollar is the barrier.
One day......one day...... :-\ ;)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Sure are some purdy Martinis on here, here's a couple of my small ones.

top one is .218 Mashburn Bee with birdseye maple stock.
Bottom is .17 Ackley Hornet with claro walnut stock and scope blocks for a Lyman junior targetspot 10X.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Three large Martinis.

Top-.219 Improved Zipper-Claro Walnut Stock.
Middle-.225 Win.-Birdseye Maple stock.
Bottom- 30-40 Krag-Birdseye Maple.

41 - 60 of 208 Posts