Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Crosman non-lead, pointed and skirted pellets yet? I saw them at walmart and thought about trying them. The almost 10.00 price tag for 125 pellets didn't sit to well so I figured I'd pick ya'alls brain and see if they would be worth buying. Want to try both the .177 and the .22's.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I haven't shot any of the non lead pellets but from what I know they work well and of course are faster. Non-the-less a $10.oo price is kinda steep for just 125 pellets. But, only real way to know if you like them is to buy and try!
Good luck and good shooting with what you try.
scout4

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I'd agree with stump, non lead pellets have never worked well for me cept when I wanted to have higher numbers on a chrony. I've found that soft lead pellets of a consistent size produce the best accuracy and the heaviest weight produces the highest ftlbs. Pretty much I rely on jsb heavies in all my guns although I've had luck with rws and surprisingly the Inexpensive daisy wadcutters. I've never found crosman nor gamo pellets to be a best choice from an accuracy standpoint, lead or not.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have one Titan 22 that loves the 14.3 CPHP's and will print sub 1" groups at 30 yards. Another titan 22 that loves the H&N Barracuda match 21 gr domed pellets. Was hoping to hear miraculous praise for these pellets, but I guess its not to be. I may try them in my .177 vantage, but not going to worry about the 22's since both are doing very well with the pellets I already have on hand.

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
JonnyReb said:
I'd agree with stump, non lead pellets have never worked well for me cept when I wanted to have higher numbers on a chrony. I've found that soft lead pellets of a consistent size produce the best accuracy and the heaviest weight produces the highest ftlbs. Pretty much I rely on jsb heavies in all my guns although I've had luck with rws and surprisingly the Inexpensive daisy wadcutters. I've never found crosman nor gamo pellets to be a best choice from an accuracy standpoint, lead or not.
I also agree

CW

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
wormbobskey said:
Has anyone tried the Crosman non-lead, pointed and skirted pellets yet? I saw them at walmart and thought about trying them. The almost 10.00 price tag for 125 pellets didn't sit to well so I figured I'd pick ya'alls brain and see if they would be worth buying. Want to try both the .177 and the .22's.
If this is the Crossman Powershot Penetrator (non lead pellet that is pointed with a red plastic skirt) It's not worth a dime ;)
Kenny on My Airgun Reviews does a good job of demonstrating the failures of this pellet. The groups are bad. It does not shoot as fast as they claim and the penetration is terrible. I don't know why these companies keep coming up with this crap. A good solid lead,Domed pellet is hard to beat in most guns for accuracy and penetration. Pointed bullets and hollowpoints do poor in my guns compared to th domed ones. My shooting pard has had many , many pellet rifles of different makes, and they all have done better with the domed pellets. IMO! The non lead pellets are a joke and waste of money. Check out kenny's review below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSbicK6aeZE

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you are shooting a springer, they are way too light and will damage your gun the same as dry firing. I have not found any gun that likes them either. the only non lead pellets i have had any luck with are the H&N greens, but they are over 20 bucks a tin!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Randy, where you been hiding? I still remember your advise on shooting domed pellets, but saw them at wally world and thought I would ask around before buying any. Those CPHP are the only thing I shoot in my rebuilt titan.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Keep in mind that pellet gun barrels are made to shoot lead pellets. The harder metal of tin, etc. can damage the rifling in your barrel.
Just be aware!
Of course there are barrel exceptions, but most could be damaged.
PaperPunch1

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I have some "Raptor Gamo Real Gold" pellets that came with my Gamo rifle. I thought they were tin, but they are fairly soft. They look like they are plated with gold. I have yet to try these. They are pointed.

ch

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
Cheesehead said:
I have some "Raptor Gamo Real Gold" pellets that came with my Gamo rifle. I thought they were tin, but they are fairly soft. They look like they are plated with gold. I have yet to try these. They are pointed.

ch

Hahahaha gold would probably make a excellent material for pellets... if your name where Donald Trump. :eek: :)

CW

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.