Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this Ruger Stainless Bisley, in 45 Colt, and I couldn't pass it up. It's had some work done to it, and is extremely tight, but smooth. No play whatsoever in the cylinder, either at lockup or at rest. It's got an oversized Belt Mt. base pin, an oversized cylinder stop, and an action job. 3 lb trigger with no creep. Throats have been trued up, and the cylinder gap is at .003.

Rock solid, and very slick.

A few pics:

The holster is from Freedom Arms.

And boy, oh boy, is it a shooter!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Single Action Revolvers

rdnzl

Mighty slick biz, I've got one that looks just like it but with out the base pin, so far mine is still tight. Good looking leather too. I have gone to almost all bisleys, just feel better to me. Very nice rig and pic.s too.
...........Joe........

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
:cb2: If it shoots as good as it looks, you got quite a deal. And I agree with Joe (as usual), Bisleys are the way to go. Good shootin to ya.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have the same gun with the same tweakin' though I swapped out the rear sight for one of Bowen's. It is almost my favorite sixgun and really nice to shoot even with the stiff 325 gr'rs.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Those Accusports are nice arn't they. I have a .45 Colt/ACP convertable and a SSS converted to a Bisley. As you can see in the picture.

Love shooting both.

Jay

·
Registered
512 Posts
Me too - have a special edition in 45 LC/5,5" - but I had to open the chambers, and buy a Mountain Belt pin before I became satisfied with the accuracy (I smoothed/adjusted the trigger pull to 1,6 lbs).

·
Registered
276 Posts
Does Freedom Arms have left handed holsters like that one? I have a 41 Mag like the one in the picks and need a holster for it. Having a hard time finding one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts