Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good attachment that goes on the barrel for a sling swivel. I want to put it on a super 14 contender barrel.
Drags

·
Registered
449 Posts
uncle mikes make both the barrel band type and a kit to add a swivel stud to the forearm. I have found that the barrel band type most always will move the point of impact and resighting is necessary. the forearm swivel stud is a bit more work to install but has seldom changed point of impact and in my opinion is a better option if a bipod is to be used.

·
Registered
449 Posts
yes because the clamp put pressure on the barrel that normally isn't there. Not much pressure but I have found that it will change point of impact. Think of it like a rifle stock that touches a barrel in a certain spot then free float the barrel and accuracy will usually improve.

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
It seems (unscientific testing) that harmonics affect the rimfires lots less that more powerful cartridges. Also less with a bull barrel. But I also don't see lots of need for barrel bands. Even if using a rubber forend there are sling swivels that replace the mounting screws that work great. And I have used bipods with them in pistols and rifles and it hasn't changed poi from just shooting on bags.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts