Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Boys,

I found a hand full of single shotties at my local gun shop and I know I can get anyone of them for around $50 ..And while my thoughts of a new hog pounding slug slinging monster. .. now my concerns are this , upon looking at he slug barrel options saw that they do not tap them at the factory... Now having tapped a few rifles in my day , I have not done a shot gun nor one that was going to throw a winny supreme out of it ...

Are the slug barrels safe to tap for a scope (my guess is yes)?... But I have found its never hurts to ask :D

Thanks in advance,

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
I think 12 guages are too thin. But I think the 20 guages have enough metal there

·
Banned
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Burnt ,

That may very well be why the only scope ready option they offer is the 20 guage slug barrel .

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Rifled slug barrels can be had in regular weight "tracker II",
or heavy "Ultra slug hunter".
The heavy barrels are tapped for scope rail.

·
Banned
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Parts,

Ohhh good news to these ears , must not have looked over all the shotgun barrels then ... I'll go take a look see now.

Much thanks

·
Banned
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Opps ,

I did see that barrel option there parts .. thought there might have been some i didnt see down in the ultra section , was kinda wanting the barrel in 12 gauge ,less options with the 20 it seems

Regards,

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
The catch with a 12g ultra is it is in the 10g frame.
Its wider.
20g ultra is the od of a 12g so it works in regular shotgun and rifle frames

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
At what range are you hunting hogs? I'm not a hogbhunter myself yet but thought it was a fairly close range deal. You might not really need a scope.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts