Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for guys that have had experience with Eley Biathlon and silouex ammo also looking for opinions on what you guys think would work best on smallbore silhouette. Thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
What smallbore ammo works best ? Depends on what your rifle likes. Start with the cheapest and work up, you might get a pleasant surprise and find your particular rifle likes cheap stuff. At our last shoot one of the guys shot a 38 using Winchester Xpert hollow point bulk (about the cheapest stuff you can get) It wasn't a fluke. He can afford to practice a lot more than the Eley , Lapua gang.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
My 10" match barrel contender really likes that Winchester X-Pert stuff. I have shot it from a rest at 100 meters and I get sub 1 inch groups all day.

I have to say that I agree that you need to start with the cheap stuff and work up. I have some guns that like pricey stuff and they don't get shot as much. It is too easy to go into Wal-Mart and pay $8.00 a brick for the cheap Winchester stuff.

Sixgun

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.