Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any suggestions on snow goose decoys? I received a permit for a snow goose hunt on private property this year, but I don't usually get to hunt property frequented by snow geese. I am required to hunt over decoys, but I don't want to spend a fortune on decoys I might use a only couple time a year or less. How many and what kind is what I'm wondering for a sort of minimalist set. I appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi Dave H20 Fowl,I have never really hunted(targeted) snow geese, but have read and heard about using rags and paper plates to get their attention . Usually with snows,you need a large decoy spread,...depending on where you are hunting them, and with rags and/or paper plates your spread can be very cheap. Just pick up what you take out with you of course.
I hope someone else who hunts snows will answer your post.
Good luck. ;)

·
Registered
743 Posts
I don't have much experience with snow goose hunting. The times that I have shot them, they have decoyed fine to Canada's with a few snows sprinkled in the mix. We typically get our two or three a year while pass shooting low fliers over our Canada decoys.

I have heard to stay away from rag decoys in late season. Snows are really hard to decoy and they get smart in late season.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts