Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
not me.
i'll be resting up for my journey to
go take advantage of the only opportunity
texas gives me to pop a doe during general (gun)
season. thurs.-fri.- sat.-sun. :mad:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
It fascinates me to think people are dumb enough to do such things. I'll be around home doing safe things like shooting and teaching my 10 year old granddaughter to drive my Jeep. Most holidays for me are better spent close to home. New Years for example, we make sure to stay off the roads. We call it amateur night.

Why do holidays bring out the stupid in people?

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
I won't even go into town. It will be a quite night here. I don't do black friday. People are bad enough to deal with in stores on normal days.

Texas Tech and Texas will play Thursday night and I''ll be rooting for Tech to dehorn Texas.

·
Premium Member
24,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Drilling said:
So, uh, what store parking lot will you be camping in Thursday night?
Your kidding, right??

DM
You better betcha I'm kidding. I can't really see anyone from this forum doing such a thing. Sleeping in a deer stand, yes. I'll be doing some winter camping if the snow cover stays light enough. But going shopping? Nope. Nope. And more nope.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Many years ago I arrived at Ace Hardware before they opened on Black Friday so I could attend one of their "door-buster" sales.
I bought a B&D 3/8" VSR drill for less than $2.

Combat shopping wasn't for me, but I can sure understand why folks are out there doing it. I understand there are people who spend lots of time and money to catch a fish or shoot a bird or mammal. I hear they get up early or even camp out to do this... ;)

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
If I were to "shop" at all it would be a big ticket Item and online for sure.

I have a couple of Daughter in laws that do it Thanks giving night, ::) I told the Sons, they didn't marry up! ;)

·
Premium Member
24,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Increasingly I shop online not so much because I'm lazy (which I am, but that's another story) but because I can get what I want whereas I can't get a lot of things locally. For example, I've got wide feet, and have a hard time finding shoes. At least I did until I started buying shoes online. Now I have no trouble finding shoes that look and feel great. Same goes for some fishing tackle. I've just got some preferences and can't find the stuff locally.

I do like to buy local especially at my locally owned tackle and outdoor stores. They provide a lot of value generally because the best of them are really tuned into what Minnesota fishermen need.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
i'll be home in bed snuggled up to a large blond she-bear ;).

·
Premium Member
24,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
guzzijohn said:
They will need to be well prepared here as the forecast is for wind and up to a 1/4 inch if freezing rain. Not about to get out.
GuzziJohn

Considering how prepared for battle some,of those shoppers are, I don't think a little weather is going to even slow them down. It may bring them out earlier as a point of pride.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts