Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had something new this year, pickled asparagus. Flavored like bread and butter pickles. Very good. Otherwise canned tomatoes, chili starter, V-5 as I call it as I only use 5 kinds of veggies, canned green beans, various jams, tomato soup, spaghetti sauce and various other veggies

Long

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
i haven't really made enough of an excess
to put up. as soon as the tomatoes started
giving, i ate as many as i could. enough
excess to share or give away. not really
enough to drag out jars, lids, etc. for
a canning session. (of anything i grew)

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
My buttercup & spaghetti squash , maybe 50 lbs or so are in the basement. Tomatoes & green beans & braccoli the freezer. Along with 250 lbs of free range chicken. Was a pretty good yr

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
I have had 5 messes of okra. I cooked two boilers of black eyed peas with okra and ate them and gave the rest to a neighbor.
I ate one string bean in the garden and threw the other string bean away with the vines. ear

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Only thing that did well this year was bell peppers. I ate as many as I could in salads and dried a bunch of them. I am usually up to my neck in beans, but the past 2 years were bad. The few I got this year were allowed to dry as seed stock for next year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.