Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.444 Marlin re-chamber by Mike (censored word)
14” Bull barrel /w hanger bar
Muzzle brake machined into the barrel
Matte finish

I purchased this barrel from Mike (censored word) approximately 2 years ago. It shoots well, I just have decided to stay with my 44 Magnum barrel. Very slight rub marks from the forearm but nothing through the finish. I am asking $185 plus shipping. Contact me at [email protected]

First "I will take it" has the barrel.

Barrel is SOLD[/color]

Jim

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: FS - .444 Marlin re-chamber for Contender

I too have a 444 Marlin barrel for my contender............. I called TC recently to get a set of open sights for it and when I told them it was a 44 that had been bored out to 444 Marlin they said I had better be real careful with it, that I run the risk of breaking the locking bolt????? (TC never made a 444 Marlin barrel for the Contender)

What is your thinking on this.....have you had any trouble with yours?

I load mine 2 grains below max and have never had any trouble with it and very much enjoy shooting it but every time I take it out I worry a little!!!!

I sure don't wish anyone from discouraging buying your barrel, like I said I have never had any trouble with mine and apparently neither have you but I am wondering what everyone else thinks about it??????

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

My thought on this are that you need to read the rules for posting or replying to a post in the classifieds here at GBO. The information in red is a clip from the rules stickied at the top of the forum.

NO Editorials or Other Commentary
The purpose of the classifieds is to buy and sell. There are plenty of other forums on GBO if you want to post you opinion on something.
[/color]

If you need or want a conversation about the .444 Marlin you have two options. Either post a new thread in the Contender/Encore forum, or PM me about it. Do not start a conversation in the classifieds about it. Either way I will respond to your post as will several others that own them.

Thanks for the bump.

Jim

·
Registered
27 Posts

MY MISTAKE !!!!!!.........I meant no harm........

I just had a question and I put it in the wrong place......Sorry again.......Thanks for correcting me.......

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Encore Shooter,
I am sure you would, no thanks.

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts