Registered
1,124 Posts
Some GREAT "red mist" video clips

Bought that whole video last year...awesome!! 8) I'm pumped....:mrgreen:

·
Administrator
26,061 Posts

Dat wuz some kinda messy. Dunno what they shot them wid but I'm using .223s. Wonder if it's gonna mess them up that bad? I've shot
chipmunks with both the 5MM Remington and the 6 TCU and made them come apart even worse. Shot a squirrel once with the 5MM and it did nearly as bad.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

Graybeard said:
Dat wuz some kinda messy. Dunno what they shot them wid but I'm using .223s. Wonder if it's gonna mess them up that bad? I've shot
chipmunks with both the 5MM Remington and the 6 TCU and made them come apart even worse. Shot a squirrel once with the 5MM and it did nearly as bad.
223,22-250 and a 17HMR...maximum carnage was done with the two 224 dia. guns... :wink: 8)

·
Registered
688 Posts

Hope the 45gr. White box stuff is that good.
I looked at that last night and this morning, I was laughing my head off.
As Deadeye was saying, " I'm pumped"

Dennis :D

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

maximum carnage was done with the two 224 dia. guns
I guess my .243 with the 58 gr. moly coated V-Maxes will just disentegrate them in that case. I hope to have someone else shoot mine a few times whilst I spot 'em. Kinda would like to watch that red mist and maximum carnage. :shock: :D

·
Registered
2,087 Posts

lik2hunt said:
I hope to have someone else shoot mine a few times whilst I spot 'em. Kinda would like to watch that red mist and maximum carnage. :shock: :D

sure

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

lik2hunt said:
I guess my .243 with the 58 gr. moly coated V-Maxes will just disentegrate them in that case. I hope to have someone else shoot mine a few times whilst I spot 'em. Kinda would like to watch that red mist and maximum carnage. :shock: :D
:shock: uuu-wwweeee :shock: You really want to hurt um don't cha Lik2hunt!! :-D :-D

·
Premium Member
907 Posts

Watching the red mist video clips gives new meaning to how important the “Bullet Selection” process is to the target. That is not the same .223 (5.56mm NATO) round we used in our M16s, quite a difference between a HP and FMJ.

Not the round you would want, if saving the pelts were your intention.

·
Registered
533 Posts

Those clips remind me of my old 22-250 days :)

I'm in great hopes that the 204 will blow them up.

Warf

·
Registered
987 Posts

Graybeard said:
Believe me, if you hit the little buggers right, a .223 will give you the red mist effect. If I remember right, you're shooting a V Max bullet, right Bill? That bullet will be just right explosive enough to do it.

·
Administrator
26,061 Posts

I have three different loads. One shoots the Hornady 40 V-MAX at about 3700 fps, the 50 V-MAX at about 3400 fps and the Nosler 50 BT at about 3300 fps. All are very explosive bullets and all are being pushed about as fast as is safe in the .223s.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts