Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read alot about accurizing rifles and I believe in most of it. But, ever now and then you have one that defies logic. I have an old 6.5 Carcano carbine, piece of junk in most peoples book. The orginial stock rubes the barrel here and there you can stick a match in some places, someone mounted a sling of sort to it using brass screws in the stock. The bore is dark. I drilled and taped a side mount to hit and I ain't no gunsmith, but the other day it shot, with handloads, a .75 three shot group at 100yd. and it never has grouped worse than 2". My feeling if a gun is going to shoot, it will and if not it may never.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Milsurp accuracy

Some of them look like they would not hit the broad side of a barn but turn out to be very accurate.They are logic defying critters.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Interesting I know a guy at a other site who has several carcano's and you could not hit a barn if you were in it with them. The guy can shoot too as I have seen his targets using other guns. He shot at a target with one of these at 100 yards and never even touched the paper. Jim

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
If you got a Carcano to shoot that good, you need to run out and buy some lottery tickets before your luck goes away!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts