Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He decided hed go and see what daddy has been doin. It was youth day so I got the 270 out and give a lesson on it, he had never shot it before.He wanted a buck but when this doe came in alone at 35 yds he said thats good jerky and give it a try. Dropped her instant. He is hooked and even woke up @ 5am sunday and only seen 8 does, all at once, they put on a show, fighting and chasing each other around. No horns came by though. Maybe soon though. He is 10 and has never been interested in Dads hobbies till now.

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Great! Keep him interested. That's a nice deer and a pretty spot that you have, too.

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
That's a beauty. I didn't get to go today, as I didn't get home from work until 0345, and when I woke up I had errands to run. But next week I'll be off from work for a few days..... ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the pistol out today thinking probably wouldnt see much or get one. Well got two and blew the horns off the buck on a finish of shot from a lame first shot on him. Did fine shot on the first one that walked out though. Bout 80 yds from the encore 7mm08. The leopold done great at low light . Great opening weekend for me. Freezer will be full , but now Im outta jerky already until mid this week.Now have to get the son a buck, he went this morning and with bad weather only seen a small fawn doe. He declines on going and here they come.

·
Registered
86 Posts
my son is 10 months and his mom is gone so i didnt and prolly wont get to hunt much this year so i had to drop out of my hunting club cant wait till he is old enough to go with me theres nothing like killing your first deer i remeber the famous last words come check out where the bullet went through next thing i knew i was shoulder deep in a fat spikes chest i looked like i'd been scalped its been years b ut i can still remember every detail about that day

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, he got another one this eve, got er at 80 yds with his own gun for the first time. Lil 7mm-08 rossi with simmons 3x9.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We have plenty of meat now, the neighbors, aunts and uncles , family and friends.Plenty of deer around here, seen 14 does a few days ago.Plenty for the children to take a few.Hard to get kids out of the house with all the fancy gadgits from Christmas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts