Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to apologize for being late on scoring the card everyone. I’ve had one **** of a week lets just say I’m not engaged anymore and I came really close to wanting to kill some guy . I’ve been working long days and when I get home I just try to keep myself busy so that I don’t think about things and I just plain forgot about the postal match.

I have tomorrow off and will grade the cards then and post the results .

sorry for being late

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mitchell,
Sorry to hear of your tough situation last week. Believe me, its better to know now as opposed to later. Same thing happened to me back in the late eighties.....cost me a year of my life and $20k to get out of it. Chin up ol' man, life marches on!! Best of luck, Ambush

·
2,402 Posts
same happened to me but i found out AFTER getting married and it cost me 12 grand and i had to move and i am still trying to get my business plans going since i dont have the capital still.

dont bother killing the guy, it isnt worth it. it would make you feel better i am sure but it wont matter to him anyway. people like that dont value anything, including their lives. it would just make you the bad guy and make the situation worse if you did anything to him.

and if she broke it off to be with someone else then youve got to remember it was in her to begin with and she could have done it when you had 2 kids too.

-Matt

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dad always told me, "Nothing gets you over the last one like the next one!" Good luck with your situation and keep your head high.

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
If she was that kind of female she 'll do it to him too......consider ur self blessed. Been there, done that. None are worth killing over............ :(

·
Registered
987 Posts
Sorry to hear about your trouble Mitch.

Keep your head up.

Come see me......we'll kill some cute furry little critters. That always makes me feel better :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Obviously, you don't want to kill someone. In contrast, a good butt whoopin' may not seem like a bad alternative. But, domestic violence/battery are a sure way for a fellow to ruin his life and allow those that instigated the action to capitalize. Many men have had to sell everything they have worked for to pay restitution, fines and lawyer fee's as a result of an emotional outburst.

If you were loyal and treated her fairly and with respect, then you have nothing to be ashamed of. Its her loss. The broken heart will heal and you'll be wiser. Find a good friend who will offer good advise and not steer you in the wrong direction. Don't be afraid to look toward mom and dad or grandparents or even your church. Chances are these folks have lived through a similar circumstance and understand what your feeling.

You have a lot of friends here to help you.

Good Luck

EVOC ONE

·
Registered
58 Posts
Michell,
Been there done that. remember the law of resorposity. What goes arround comes arround.Keep your head up.

·
Super Moderator
51,041 Posts
Mitchell,

Sorry to hear the bad news, hang in there and look forward to a long and happy life, you'll be on a path to happiness in no time with the help of your friends and family. :wink:

Tim

·
Registered
922 Posts
Mitchell, sorry to hear of your troubles. But do remember you always have friends on the board that you can come and talk to if the need arises. :wink:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Mitchell,

I am very sorry to hear what happen to you. I know it hurts to have a broken heart. It will be better trust me and you will be wiser. If she left you for someone else it's her loss. That guy didn't win either because often times the process repeats its self. I wouldn't put the bulk of the blame on him. If you kick his butt you will feel better but it will cost you so don't do it.
Be thankful you guys didn't have kids. If she asks to come back in the future I surly wouldn't, because people like that can not be trusted.

I wish you the best.

Norse

·
Registered
111 Posts
faithfullness

mitchell

You can be thankful you found out before marriage. The other guy got a woman that cannot be trusted. His loss. It's just a thing that was and is now past.

Keep control of your temper. If you allow yourself to hate because of this, you loose. Just let it go.

Take care and God bless.

Tom

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I wouldn't put the bulk of the blame on him.
Yep, good advice. Mitchell, trust is one of the foundations of any relationship, but it is especially important in the male/female relationship because we are SO different. What starts as breaking trust in the love/lust/sexual realm develops into lying and canniving in all other areas of the relationship.....money, kids, and it will eventually turn into a control issue with your spouse because that's whats at the heart of it all anyway. People who need that kind of attention are selfish and self centered and like to be in control of every aspect of their lives by thinking they are in control of yours if you are theirs......get it? I know it hurts right now............been there............but trust me, you're better off without her. This will be your call entirely, but I would avoid any reconciliation if she is undeniably guilty of unfaithfulness.

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts
Been there / done that . On the up side look at the money you'll save to buy handi's with . :lol:

Keep your chin up , life goes on , mabe the right one has been waiting for this to happen .

Don't do anything dumb , were here for you :roll:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mitchell, include me in the been there/ done that category. I got over it and eventually met a great gal. We are celebrating our 25' anniversary this year. Keep your chin up and spend the extra time with your friends.

Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Hey Mitch; Its like the old Indian saying that goes like this,you can't be angry and wise at the same time. If it was me and someone stole my wife from me,I'd probably hug his neck. :) :) Digger

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well although it sounds so great no i' not going to beat the guy into the ground and i wouldn't dream of touching her i am happy i found out now instead of a year from now. i was willing to forgive and forget , i mean i've not been a basket of roses to her the last 4 years either but i never did anything like this. i just don't think she has it all out of her system yet . maybe in another 4 or 5 years if God wants it will get back together . but until then i'm going to work on making myself better in all ways, one inpiticular (spiritually). i've got a whole long list of girls that want me, trouble is i don't want any of them . and the biggest bite is i went to church and would you guess who she brought with her (she didn't know i was coming)???? talk about setting you off you go to church to worship look behind you and theres your grilfriend,that the night before said she needed time to think about things, with some other guy , if its wasn't for a a great youth pastor Rob and a good friend britney i don't know what would of happen.

oh well better luck next time

·
Registered
173 Posts
pawn the engagement ring and let the handi's commeth from heaven!

the handi's won;t mouth back..they always listen..they are there when you need em and they don;t care if you take a few rounds with another handi for a while :wink:

good luck and sorry to hear about your situation

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
If it was me and someone stole my wife from me,I'd probably hug his neck.
:) :-D :) :-D :) :-D :) :-D :) :-D :) :-D :) :-D :) :-D

Quit it! this is supposed to be serious here......oh yea..........you are serious ain't ya?

:) :-D :) :-D :) :-D :) :-D :) :-D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts