Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a new to me Encore that suffered from a cracked hammer spur, Had contacted a couple smiths that suggested contacting S&W. They said I would have to send frame in for replacement, shortly thereafter the possible sale was announced. I decided not to send in case something happened. Is there a possible secondary supplier? From the looks of the factory hammer, seems like aftermarket ones would be a thing? Should I attempt to send to S&W? Anywho, any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Pretty sure S&W will take care of it they are not running away from there responsibilities, Unless they are completely out of stock they are still selling parts some they insist on installing it them selves for liability concerns, If you do send it in rarely did they charge for the repair. Call S&W surprisingly they actually answer

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had the same issue with a pre S&W blue steel frame. They sent a prepaid FedEX tag and I returned just the frame and they repaired it in a timely manner and returned it to me, no charge. Hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the responses, will attempt the S&W route. Have also contacted the three other sources as well, for a contingency.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Thanks for all the responses, will attempt the S&W route. Have also contacted the three other sources as well, for a contingency.
Please post your findings. I have 2 frames that someone screwed up the hammer and sear contact points and they are hair triggers now. So touchy I cant even use them on the bench.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts