Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 412 forend for my son's 412, he does not like the squared off forend on the 412ST he is using. Any suggestions on where on can be found. I have been searching the internet with no luck.

thanks
Doug

·
Premium Member
5,142 Posts
Have you tried Nunrich arms in New York, what about the company its self and maybe Boyd's stocks?

Deaconllb

·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nunrick was one of the first places I tried. No luck.
Boyds does not have Valmet 412 or Tikka 512 listed.

Thank you for the suggestions

Doug

·
Premium Member
5,142 Posts
Well sometimes one has to take the bull by the horns and rework the one you have, do you have any wood working skills some of the members here have had to do it and I am in a spot now as I have a custom contender forend from House of arms that is just a sawed off piece of wood and sold as a custom stock I was very disappointed when I got the set but never complained but now when mounted it is rather disgusting to look at so I may have to get out the sanders and shapers and go at it but the problem is getting the finish back to match the butt stock. Good luck on your hunt.

Deaconllb

·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well sometimes one has to take the bull by the horns and rework the one you have, do you have any wood working skills some of the members here have had to do it and I am in a spot now as I have a custom contender forend from House of arms that is just a sawed off piece of wood and sold as a custom stock I was very disappointed when I got the set but never complained but now when mounted it is rather disgusting to look at so I may have to get out the sanders and shapers and go at it but the problem is getting the finish back to match the butt stock. Good luck on your hunt.

Deaconllb
I Dont take the bull by anything.

Thanks
Doug

·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found the wood forend. Anyone know where there might be Valmet hardware for the forend. I am trying to make a second forend.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I found the wood forend. Anyone know where there might be Valmet hardware for the forend. I am trying to make a second forend.
Did you ever find the hardware??

DM

·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you ever find the hardware??

DM
It was a Marocchi for end with the hardware. BUT the Marocchi hardware did not fit the barrel so I used the Valmet hardware. The Valmet hardware fits fine after a slight fitting work to the wood. If it get ambitious I will work on fitting the Marocchi hardware to the Valmet barrels.

My son who is 12 loves the Valmet 412ST. Interestingly we noticed it is very close to the Krieghoff k-80 in design.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts