Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first saw the CVA Scout I kind of like'em.Maybe it is the resemblance to the TC's .Had a 10" ss pistol but sold it when metallic silhouette faded out here in SA.Of the more than 14 firearms I had and sold, it is that 7mmTCU I miss most. It was good, reliable and could dance on a dime at 150m.The CVA could never be in the same league as the TC's,but I am eyeing then, a 300BLK for my grandson up in ND and maybe a 444M for me.

Are you happy with your CVA?

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
444M,

I would take you to task on the CVA not in the same league as the TC's. I have had both old and new TC's and Older CVA's and the New Scout V2's. My experience is the CVA's shot circles around the TC's at less than half or better the cost. Not to say the TC's were junk or bad, the new Scout v2's with their triggers just flat out shoot the TC's (most of their triggers were fair at best).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
revbc,
I think you got me,I'll have to "shoot bacon" This is a Dutch/Afrikaans expression. This expression originated in the Pirate era.If you ran out of canon balls you load bacon and set the enemies ship on fire.Well I am out of ammo cause I have no experience on either the new TC's or CVA's,so I'll retreat for the moment......very,very.very unpatriotic 😉my opinion is based on the good old days? Thanx for your honest reply.Now please close your ears,I am going to shout:
HOOOAAA YOU GENTS AT TC,YOU ARE LETTING DOWN A TRADITION,THE NATION AND A Safir!!dam I miss my old 7mmTCU

·
Registered
82 Posts
I rechambered my 45-70 to 450 nitro express. Nice gun in a big caliber. No issues at all. Low pressure, bolt thrust is in line with the 35 whelen.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Once upon a time you could not have given me a CVA, but they are a MUCH improved animal now. Their muzzleloaders and firearms just keep getting better, quality and ergonomics.

T/C, on the otherhand, started its decline when purchased by Smith & Wesson and then taking on that ugly monstrosity that was designed by Knight before they were bought out.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
In have no experience with the CVA rifles but I do have a couple of their Muzzle loaders a mountain rifle and a 50 stainless mag hunter bolt action and they both shoot better and load easier than my TC.

Deaconllb

·
Registered
357 Posts
I've been very happy with every CVA I've owned. I looked at a single shot 7mm -08 the other day. Very tempting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
revbc,
I think you got me,I'll have to "shoot bacon" This is a Dutch/Afrikaans expression. This expression originated in the Pirate era.If you ran out of canon balls you load bacon and set the enemies ship on fire.Well I am out of ammo cause I have no experience on either the new TC's or CVA's,so I'll retreat for the moment......very,very.very unpatriotic 😉my opinion is based on the good old days? Thanx for your honest reply.Now please close your ears,I am going to shout:
HOOOAAA YOU GENTS AT TC,YOU ARE LETTING DOWN A TRADITION,THE NATION AND A Safir!!dam I miss my old 7mmTCU
No worries 444M, we love bacon down here in the south. Texas is even teaching Louisiana a thing or two. Saw a recipe for Texas Twinkies, jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese and BQ brisket, wrapped with BACON and grilled. Send it all over here.

Back on topic, I agree that TC had a good thing if they would have just improved it a bit. A lot of guys would have paid the extra for a true barrel swap gun.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Old thread sorry but thinking about a 44 mag Cva scout this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Ive just purchased a CVA Scout in 350 Legend! Excellent rifle right out of the box. My S I L killed his first deer ever with it Sunday.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have also got a CVA Scout V2 in 350 Legend. Nice rifle and great accuracy out of the box even with factory ammo.
The break open actuator on the trigger guard though is really hard and sometimes inconsistent.
I notice that from new and with empty chamber. Is this normal for this type of rifles? My contender and encore fills like butter to open but not this cva scout v2 rifle.
I will listen to ideas on how to smooth it out.
Thanks.
Camba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts