Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had a forend like this...did you like it ? good/bad ?
has this even been offered on any firearm from NEF ?

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Scibaer - I was just looking at that very picture today. I'm going to stock my new 17 HMR Handi with Gunstocks "Stinger" in Black/Gray Lam. I was torn between their varmint forend and this sporter model. I realy like their stuff and this is a nice size to fill the hand but not look too large. My other option is to "long stock" it. They make a long stock (full Mannlicher, not in catalog) that I like also.I have used that on two of my other rifles, posted pic's here.They are closed down until Dec. 3 so still have time to deceide. I don't think H&R ever had anything like the sporter forend.
Regards - F50

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fanner,
i have been following your posts, we seem to be on the same road , with 45-70 conversions, infact i partly hijacked one, sorry.
anyhow, this stock is 10in long a bit longer then the standard forend and a bit beefier looking too. im tossing the some ideas, maybe rounding off the front end , or shaping it.. but then there is the lams too .. im looking for something a wee bit different for my bc project, but usable for hunting too..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts